A strategy isn't a document, it's a direction of travel.
- Do people know what the strategy is, and why?
- Do plans align with the strategy, or at least acknowledge and explain any deviation from the strategy?
- Does the operation align with the strategy, or at least acknowledge and explain any deviation from the strategy?
- Is the strategy regularly reviewed to make sure it's fit for purpose, delivers what is required and doesn't incur undue costs and risks?
- Is the strategy regularly revised to reflect changes in stakeholder requirements, technical developments, new opportunities,and changes in the operating environment?
If the answer to these isn't "Yes" then you don't have a strategy, you have a theatrical prop. Like painting books on a wall and calling it a library.