Friday 19 February 2010

Reflective journal processes

There's a nice diagram of the Reflective Diary/Journal Process on the Businessballs site. I'm forever telling people that "experience isn't what happens to you, it's what you do with it" and this diagram provides a useful template for following this through. One of the more dispiriting truths is that too many people's experience of training or development activities stop at stage two of this process: "What did you think of the training?" "Very good/bad" and back to business as usual.

And how many pieces of work do we get involved in that completely ignore the question: "How will I measure and know that I've succeeded in this?" I know I'm a bore about needing to know the success factors but I do feel this is absolutely important. If you don't know how to tell when you're successful you can only know how to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment